Census 2021 - Coming soon!
The census is a vital survey that helps people and organisations work out what the needs of the communities are and how to meet them. It's also a legal requirement for everyone to complete the census.
From previous experience we know that 70% of people will complete the census without any intervention and 30% will need more support.
- The census is a survey that happens every 10 years
- It’s a legal obligation that everyone takes part
- It gives the most detailed information we have about our society
- It’s used by the government and Local Authority to Shape policy, Allocate resources, Plan services, Monitor equality
- It’s also used by charities and businesses to help with decision making
The next census will take place on Sunday 21 March 2021
- For the first time this will be a digital-first census, but paper will be available for those who need support
- Three new questions: Gender identity, sexual orientation and Veterans - have you been in the armed forces.
- We’ll focus on engaging with everyone, including under-represented and hard to reach groups
- Help will be available for people who need support to take part online
- National advertising campaign starts February
More information can be found here
We need your help to reach the 30% who may need extra support. Please contact the Census Engagement Manager for your area to discuss what support your group needs.
Dacorum and Three Rivers
Naomi Woodstock - 07452 938186 | email@example.com
Broxbourne, Welwyn Hatfield
Nasia Mohammad - 07452946023 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid Hertfordshire Watford, St Albans, and Hertsmere
Lee Meyer - 07452919529 email@example.com
North East Hertfordshire Bishop Stortford, Hertford, Ware, Stevenage, Buntingford, Sawbridgeworth, Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock and Royston
Matt Jenkins - 07452934835 firstname.lastname@example.org