The “Operation Sustain” Offer – we’re here for you!
As we move into the second phase of the COVID 19 pandemic HCC will continue to support vulnerable residents of Hertfordshire under “Operation Sustain.” This service will continue to be accessed through HertsHelp (HH) who will triage clients’ needs making appropriate referrals or signposting to relevant support services.
Our offer includes:
- Volunteer support (including shopping, medication collection, befriending, dog walking) via the Community Help Hertfordshire (CHH) service model under which all the Hertfordshire CVS organisations who have come together to provide a unified response to support people in need. This network will also act as a support and co-ordinator for smaller but important community groups including mutual aid groups, foodbanks and good neighbour schemes, assisting with organisational development and fund raising.
- Hertfordshire Community Navigation Service (HCNS) which aims to improve health and wellbeing by supporting those vulnerable service users in their own homes and in moving from hospital to home, using Community Navigators and Link Workers and the HCNS Pathway which is built into the overall social prescription pathway.
- A broadened Crisis Intervention Service
- HertsHelp will deliver a crisis intervention service for people in crisis to include food, energy costs and other essentials for those who are in ongoing crisis or who have come into crisis as a result of COVID 19.
- There is also the HERT (Hertfordshire Economic Recovery Team) partnership where HCC’s Money Advice Unit (MAU) and Citizens Advice Hertfordshire (CAH) have come together to enhance the finance, welfare benefits and debt management advice already available in Hertfordshire to vulnerable residents who have been most affected by the COVID-19 crisis, to aid their financial recovery and embed future financial security and literacy, complementing the work done by financial inclusion workers in District and Borough Housing teams, especially regarding complex cases.
To access all of these services call HertsHelp on 0300 123 4044, visit www.hertshelp.net or email email@example.com