Families First Covid-19 Response Update
Families First covid-19 response update - at 06/06/2020
Here’s an overview of how our Families First services are operating during the current situation. We are still accessible via phone and email so please keep in touch!
Families First Practice Guidance
We have developed a practice standards guidance to support Families First Practitioners whilst working in the current Covid19 circumstances. The content of this booklet will be reviewed and updated regularly to reflect the continuing changing picture and is hosted on our Covid-19 page of the FF Portal.
Our Intensive Family Support Team is….
- maintaining contact with families via video/telephone
- undertaking home visits in instances where there are cases with safeguarding concern
- cancelling any planned group sessions, training or events
- accepting new referrals appropriate to the service
- carrying out FFA over the phone/internet where possible
- supporting families to access food banks and shopping
- offering activity packs to families
- contacting schools to offer support
- updating district service directory and sharing with partners
Our Partnerships, Practice and Development Team is….
- continuing to offer practice advice and support via video/telephone/email
- continuing to provide EHM system support by phone and email
- taking calls from practitioners requiring practice advice, support or guidance for open FFAs and families they are supporting
- maintaining contact with families via telephone
- contributing to TAF if required by video/telephone/update case notes
- not delivering Families First Practice & EHM training and Practice Forums
- continuing to receive and respond to Personalised Commissioning applications as they come in
- The Consultation Hub is temporarily closed as of 18th March. Keyworkers of open FFA’s should seek advice from their Local Senior and Families First Coordinator. There will be an expectation that you continue to consult the Continuum of Need - March 2017 and HSCB Child Protection Procedures and your designated safeguarding lead where you have a child protection concern. Please note – Where you are concerned that a child may be at imminent risk of significant harm, please call 999 for Police or make a Child Protection Contact Referral by either calling the Customer Service Centre on 0300 123 4043 and/or complete and submit a Child Protection Contact Referral online. The form will be located online at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/childprotection
- Families First Helpdesk support is being provided via email only for the next few weeks and will continually review this. Please email any registration or requests for support with EHM system to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in your local Senior Families First Coordinator. Please include your telephone number in your email. Either a Helpdesk staff or your Local Senior and Families First Coordinator will call you back as soon as possible.
Families First Triage will...
- Continue to review and progress new contacts
- Continue to signpost families to relevant services
- Continue to provide information, advice and guidance to parents/carers and professionals
- Are currently arranging meetings with all triage panel members to discuss most effective way of moving forward
Covid19 – Hertfordshire County Council
Covid19 – Children’s Services Updates
Covid 19 – Safeguarding Children
Covid19 - Families First Response