Better Relationships, Better Parenting Programme update
Family Services Commissioning have been piloting a programme to reduce parental conflict since July 2016, using grant funding from the DWP. The Better Relationships, Better Parenting Programme aims to reduce parental conflict within families in receipt of Early Help in Hertfordshire, in order to improve outcomes for their children against the Outcome Bee’s Framework.
As the pilot period has now finished, we would like to say a big thank you for any involvement you may have had in the programme and to let you know what we have been up to.
Over the 2 year period of the pilot we have been busy providing:
- Training for Practitioners
- A Practitioners Toolkit and web page www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/betterrelationships
- Free Counselling and Mediation services for parents
- An Ambassadors Programme
- An information leaflet and web page for parents
- The development of an Outcomes Star on relationships
- To date, 215 practitioners have been trained with 83% reporting that they felt more confident to support parents following the training
- 146 Parents have been referred to Counselling and Mediation sessions with 97% of parents who completed, reporting that they felt their children had benefitted from it
- Parent leaflets have been sent out to Childrens Centres, GP surgeries and Libraries. These can be given to parents or used as a tool when having those early conversations. Copies can be ordered by emailing email@example.com
- We have had 576 visits to the new web page for parents www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/parentrelationships to date which contains self-help information and advice
- In order to continue to provide this vital service to support our Hertfordshire families, we will be working to develop and embed this work going forward through:
- Parents Information leaflet and web page www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/parentrelationships
- Free Counselling and mediation service for parents, plus a new conflict coaching service
- Launching the new relationship focused outcomes star
- Exploring a new initiative providing Mediation Training to frontline professionals. If you would be interested in taking part, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Remember to keep an eye on our Better Relationships page to find out about the new Counselling, Mediation and Conflict Coaching services coming soon!
If you would like further information about the programme, please email email@example.com