Planning for the Summer Holidays
Reminder to Keyworkers of Families First Assessment
As we approach the end of summer term, we are aware that there will be a number of Keyworkers of open Families First Assessments (FFA) who work term time only so will be on holiday during the schools summer holidays.
We would like to remind and encourage Keyworkers of open FFAs who will be away during the summer break to start planning for this, to ensure families continue to receive support by undertaking the following steps:
- TAF Meetings – If you have a TAF meeting coming up in the next few weeks, use this meeting with your TAF members and the family to review support in place, including considering if all needs have been met and the FFA needs to remain open or can close;
- If the FFA needs to remain open during summer holidays:
- identify and agree a member of the TAF to be the main link/ contact for the family during summer holidays, and ensure you give this person access to the case on EHM and give their details to the family;
- ensure you update your case notes on EHM on all FFAs for which you are a Keyworker including all TAF meeting notes and Family Plan, setting out what support is in place for the family, who will be the key contact for the family during your absence and any key information including any risks etc. Keeping the case note up to date on EHM will help in the event that the needs of the family escalate during the summer holidays to ensure the family is offered appropriate support.
- give family information on how to access information and services via Families First Portal
- If the FFA needs to close, please ensure your case note on the Episode and TAF meeting notes, Family Plan and Outcomes Review are all updated and uploaded on EHM and your closure summary and family feedback is completed and FFA is closed before you go on summer break;
- Where it is possible and consent is obtained from the family, It is also good practice for Keyworkers to share their Home Tray in EHM with a Team Manager or colleague, this ensures that a member of your team will be able to access the case if required in your absence. Please see the ‘How to guide’ on the Families First Portal.
- If as a Keyworker you are having difficulty identifying a temporary Keyworker from within the TAF members, or require support to update your case notes on EHM before the summer break, please seek advice and support from your Local Senior Families First Coordinator or Families First Co-ordinator as soon as possible so they can support you before end of term to complete this.
- Families First Partnerships, Practice and Development Team have set out their Practice and Support Offer for all Partners, including Keyworkers delivering Early Help in each double district with contact names and numbers in a downloadable flyer which is available on the Portal – FFPPD Team Offer