Fit, Fed and Read - Summer 2019
Fit and Fed is a national initiative developed by StreetGames UK which aims to confront the growing issues of hunger, isolation and physical inactivity in children from low income families during the school holidays.
Fit and Fed projects can take many shapes, but the consistent themes are that they provide holiday physical activity sessions where young people can socialise, be active and there is nutritious food served. HSP have worked in close partnership with StreetGames to take the programme that has proved successful in other areas of the country and develop a tailored Hertfordshire approach.
Fit, Fed and Read is the Herts Sports Partnership (HSP) variation of the national StreetGames UK programme ‘Fit and Fed’ which also aims to combat the education attainment issues commonly experienced by young people throughout the school holidays.
Each four-hour day consists of:
- Two hours of physical activity
- One hour of fun education
- One hour of two-course nutritious cooked lunch
Participant entry criteria:
- Aged between 7-12 years
- Eligible for free school meals
- Games based physical activity
- Healthy Eating & Nutrition (games based) (Hertfordshire Catering Ltd)
- Creative Literacy (Hertfordshire Libraries)
- Fire and Community Safety (Hertfordshire Fire & Rescue Service)
- Two-course Nutritious Hot Lunch (Hertfordshire Catering Ltd)
Event Locations (please click for more information)
You can find the Entry Form here
Baldock and Letchworth