Dacorum & St Albans
Update from Dacorum and St Albans early help services:-
Dacorum Healthy Hub
The Healthy Hub have a very useful newsletter - sign up to get your copy here:- Healthly Hub Sign Up - Dacorum Borough Council
Workshops for young people this autumn – last year Dacorum District Council planned to run a Beatboxing Project for young people that had to be cancelled due to COVID. We are now looking at running a few workshops with the same artists this autumn, who run a very successful Beatboxing Academy in South London. The workshops may not be Beatboxing (the nature of this is not particularly COVID-safe due to the spitting involved!), however possibly rapping or music/performance related. If you have a group of young people who may benefit from these workshops and working with these brilliant South London artists, please get in touch. We are also looking to deliver these as pilot workshops for a possible larger project at a later date, in consultation with the young people taking part: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
DSPL 8 run a number of courses for parents, carers and professionals. Click here to see a list of the current available courses, together with details of how to sign up.
Herts Mind Network
- Herts Mind Network are continuing to provide essential mental health support in Hertfordshire by adapting our services to best protect our clients, carers, volunteers and staff. Our Wellbeing Centres are open and staff teams are also providing support through phone, Skype and online provision. Please get in touch with us on 02037 273600 if you would like more information about our service provision or visit our websites (www.hertsmindnetwork.org and www.hertsmindnetworkcyp.org).
- Please note the Spot the Signs & Emotional Wellbeing project can also offer bespoke sessions that may have a cost to them. If the sessions on our Training & Workshops don’t meet your audiences need, get in touch and we can have a chat about how we can potentially meet the need you’ve identified in a particular school or area for example.
- The ‘Young people’s online hangout for YP aged 15+’ is currently no longer running as it was felt this met a need for young people who were unable to connect f2f during the lockdowns. Should a need for this service re-emerge, it’s likely we will reinstate this.
Family Centre Service
You can view the Family Support Service leaflet for professionals here
Dacorum Borough Council
Please see the below exciting opportunity working closely with our partners Watford FC Trust again to bring weight management courses to Dacorum.
As you will see that there are x3 targeted programmes running in January next year. I have also attached the flyers for promotion. The x3 areas targeted are below:
- 1 BAME targeted Shape Up Course for Asian Men (25 places available)
- (Hemel Hempstead School – Tuesdays, 7.30 to 9pm – Starting 4th January)
- 1 Learning Disability Shape Up Course (12 places available)
- (Hemel Leisure Centre – Tuesdays, 12.30 to 2pm – Starting 4th January)
- 1 Physical Disability Shape Up Course (10 places available)
- (Hemel Leisure Centre – 2-3.30pm – Starting 4th January)
Bookings link can be found here:
TOGETHER | shape-up (shapeupherts.com)